India currently has air travel bubble pacts with 28 countries of which Sri Lanka was the latest. Several countries are putting additional curbs on travel to and from India, to cope with the worsening situation in the country.
Here are the latest updates around the globe on travel to and from India:
- The United States has asked people not to travel to India.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has called off his proposed visit to India later this month and has added India to the “red list” of countries not to travel to. Indian
- Prime Minister Narendra Damodardas Modi is not going ahead with plans to visit France and Portugal.
- Singapore has tightened border measures for travelers from India by reducing entry approvals for non-Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
- Travelers to Dubai from India will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test 48 hours prior to departure which was reduced from 72 hours previously.
- New Zealand has barred entry of travelers from India until April 28. Hong Kong has barred flights from India for 14 days.
- Germany on Wednesday warned its citizens in India that the health risk of staying in the country had “considerably” increased due to shortage of beds in hospitals.